Saturday, January 1, 2011

Missing Mojo?

I recently lost my mojo.

You know what your mojo is, right? It's your self-confidence, your oomph, your vitality, that magic thang that's unique to only you... your GROOVE.

There are lots of different ways to lose your groove. Maybe you recently lost your job, which to so many of us, is tied to our very identity. Maybe you are faced with a serious illness, and you don't feel like you have the energy to give to anything groovy. Perhaps you're going through a divorce or a break-up, and you're not sure if you could ever again trust another human being, as you're having enough trouble trusting yourself and your apparently horrid judgement of other human beings. Maybe you gained weight, and you don't feel like the groovilicious goddess you could be. Maybe your house is a mess and you know your mojo is probably hidden under those piles of laundry, that sink full of dishes, and all that mail that you can never find time to open.

Sometimes, we don't even know why we lose our mojo, we just know we can't find it right now.

The reality is that it doesn't matter how or why you lost your mojo. What matters is that you get it back.

And since I am in search of my misplaced mojo, I thought there might be others who want to join the search for their own gone-astray groove.

So, sass-seekers, join me on this journey to take back what is rightfully ours. We're going to tackle the different ways to get our groove back. Each post will hold a magic bullet; one thing we can do each day to move towards our missing mojo.

Are you with me?

Since you're still reading, I guess that's a YES!

Come back tomorrow for the first step on how to IMPROVE YOUR GROOVE. It's a new year. A fresh start. The perfect time to unleash your juju.

I look forward to gettin' groovy with you!



4 comments:

  1. I would love help finding my moo. You have described me perfectly since I fit in all of the categories- job loss, health issues, weight (although that I am working on and I do feel better).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you sista! I lost my groove a long time ago when I had my kids and got caught up in the shuffle of life's many responsibilities..Where is that girl who lived in sunny LA, drank Jack Daniels, rode in convertibles and played beach volleyball???? I want her back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick with me, girlfriends! We're all gonna get our mojo back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not willing to admit that my mojo is gone, but I have dealt with disease and I have resigned from a job this week. So, I am with you ladies in your quest to seek balance while improving your sweet groove thang! Ronni, our fearless leader, show us the way to that funky place :-)

    ReplyDelete